Tuesday 13 February 2018

Sebastian Soon and Wesley Kam were overall champions in the inter-school meets

The IBSC swimmers have proved themselves once more in the inter-school meets around Klang Valley and Seremban.

Sebastian Soon again has defended his championship title in MSSS inter-school meet in Shah Alam when he was crowned the age group champion as well as the overall champion for the male category.

Sebastian cornered all medals in 13 events he participated and swept 10 gold  and 3 silver with 4 new meet records. He bettered his PBs and charted his name in the  meet records in 1500m free, 200m IM, 400 IM and 200m butterfly.

Sebastian Soon proudly displaying his golden harvest




Sebastian was thrilled with his achievement and revealed his aspiration.

"I am quite happy with my 1500m free event which I finally attained more than 700 FINA points (703 to be exact). I am looking forward to compete in SUKMA Perak this year and hopefully I can perform even better."


Meanwhile in Negeri Sembilan, Wesley Kam also did his coach proud by emerging as overall champion in the MSSNS Meet in Negeri Sembilan.

Wesley Kam took centre stage in Negeri Sembilan inter-school meet representing Tuanku Jaafar College

Wesley broke the meet record for  200m breaststroke (2:38.53) and 200m IM (2:25.47) even though still tired from the previous competition the week before in KL.

He shared with us his appreciation :

"I am thankful for being awarded the Overall Champion and Best Boy Award by MSSNS.  I wouldn’t be where I am without the dedication and love from my mom, coach and teammates. I am glad that my perseverance has paid off - after hours and hours of training. It was especially hard for me this time around since this competition was right after PRAKL Age Group, so my body was really tired and aching. 

Thank you to all who made my achievements possible. I hope to bring home more medals to make the club proud."

Congratulations and bravo to the IBSC swimmers!

See results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...